What to see
- Italian Gardens
- Brun Valley Forest Park – get link to map and put on BBC website
- Miniature Railway
What to do
- Go on a boat – (seasonal) Boathouse café – https://burnleyleisure.co.uk/locations/the-boathouse/
- Have a good walk – Thompson Park offers many interests for walkers and is a great meeting place for going further afield. You can go straight onto the Brun Valley Greenway into a network of 15km of paths running through a fantastic variety of landscapes. There are also good links into the town centre via both the canal or the Brun Valley Greenway. no section for BVFP on BBC website yet.
- Have a ride on a train – Run by the Burnley and Pendle Miniature Railway Society, Thompson Park Railway is a 7 minute, 1 kilometre ride in one of Burnleys premier parks. Check out our website http://www.bpmrs.org.uk Trains run April to end of September every Saturday, Sunday, Bank Holiday and on Wednesdays (during summer school holidays only)
- Have some fresh air fun – Thompson Park has an exciting playground featuring a 3m slide, 4m net climber, zip-line, paddling pool and lots more. Furthermore, the playground has toilet facilities, inclusive toilet facilities with baby changing facilities and inclusive play equipment.